1. Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum. (Recommended serums can be purchased from our website)
2. Each stroke is identified on the diagram by arrows. Use the thinner, contoured edges of your Gua Sha stone to glide along the face and neck ensuring that you only glide in the direction indicated by the arrows.
3. Repeat each stroke 5-10 times. A temporary redness may appear, which is perfectly normal and is referred to as “Sha”.
4. Locate the acupuncture points on your face, (marked with dots on the diagram). Use a pointed corner of your stone to gently press on the acupuncture point and hold for a few seconds. Repeat process on each acupuncture point to stimulate.
5. Clean your Gua Sha stone with soapy water when you have finished, ready for next use.
Disclaimer: If you are under the age of 16 or over the age of 60, or suffer from specific medical conditions, consult a medical practitioner prior to use.
Although Gua Sha treatments can help with certain skin conditions, it should not be performed directly over broken skin, broken veins, moles, cuts, bruises or rosacea.